Mosaicing 8 bit unsigned grey scale jpgs

08-26-2011 12:24 PM
WesKing
New Contributor
Running ArcInfo license, v10 sp2, Spatial/3D/Geostastical/etc. Analyst extensions.

I have about 10 aerial photos (jpg format) from the early '50s I georeferenced recently.  The georeferencing came out really well, but each jpg is different in appearance so the overall appearance is not very "pretty".  I'm assuming the difference in intensity/contrast/brightness is where the differences in the jpgs are.

I've tried a simple fix of adjusting the intensity/contrast/brightness in Photo-Paint to get a decent match...failed.

I've tried calculatinig statistics and then saving a color map from 1 tile and importing that color map into another tile...failed.

Any ideas on how to mosaic these tiles where they can be as "seamless" as possible????

Thanks in advance,
Graphically Design Challenged
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Here's some help on color correcting raster data. You can also try creating a mosaic dataset from your raster and use color correcting a mosaic dataset. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
WesKing
New Contributor
Thanks Vattarai,
I ran across the Color Balance Mosaic Dataset after my post and my pyramids/statistics just finished calculating.

I ran the color balance mosaic and it didn't seem to do anything until I changed the display properties from first to blend.

It looks MUCH better!

Thank you,
Wes
0 Kudos