CRASH2

08-25-2011 04:13 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Opening three exploratory windows at the same time, with a smaller subset, this time down to 1000 records has caused a crash.  Crashed twice.  Right Now going for my third.  Cross my fingers for a crash.  The little files have been sent, so look for them :). 

Histogram
Normal QQ Plot
Trend

Boom.  Did it again.

Using Mean, all the windows.  Will test the other windows, now.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Finally created an mxd, so i don't have to completely start over.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
So, at this point I have open the Covariance Cloud, Histogram, Voronoi, and Normal QQ Plot dialogs and no crash, so if I open up the trend, what will happen.  Has my luck changed for the better?

NOPE!!!!

Crash.

Seems to be related to the trend dialog.  i guess trend doesn't like to have friends open ;(
0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor
I can't seem to reproduce any of your crashes.  Can you send your data to ekrause@esri.com?  It may be something in your particular data.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
I will put together a dataset.  No worries, really.  i will retest today as well, or the rest of this week, with some sales data, to see if I can trigger.  The key here was multiple windows.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Duped again, will send you the data.  Sorry for being such a huge flake
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
I have uploaded to ftp://ftp.esri.com/pub/incoming/2Eric_GeoStatsGuru/

I have included a 500, 1000, and my large point 422,000 files (fcs).  Fields looking at for 500 and 1000, are total, which is total assessed value, basically STR and LND combined.  We are hoping to use Geostats for Sales, or price per ft 2, along with Foreclosure and other possibilities like reduced monetary inflow from Prop 8 filing and Appeals to those Prop 8s.  Currently, not really doing any analysis, just kicking the tires, trying to get my head around everything again.  Its been a couple of years.

Let me know if there are any issues with the zip file.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Just duped with the trend analysis, and the horizontal perspective wheel, on only 500 points.

And again, so thats three again, once with multiple windows and 2 crashes with just the trend window.
0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor
It doesn't look like the data got uploaded.  Can you try again or just send the zip to ekrause@esri.com?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
ftp://ftp.esri.com/pub/incoming/1_Eric/

How about now?  Files are over 20MB, our email system may have issues with that size.  Also note I have included a zip and 7 zip file.
0 Kudos