Maplex Not Functional although licensed as 10.1

08-17-2011 06:46 AM
RichardBaker
New Contributor III
Maplex does not function in 10.1 even though authorized and licensed. It seems to be installed but all tools grayed out.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Did you turn on the extension?  Also, need to Enable the maplex extension in the labelling toolbar drop down.
RichardBaker
New Contributor III
Yep, all that is on. Maplex is there but not functioning. It's loaded, the extension is on, the labeling setting is on. Tools show up for labeling but all are greyed out. If the switches weren't on the tools and buttons would not be visible. Seems ESRI has them locked out even if installed. Keeps settings of files using Maplex but allows no changes.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
i have been using maplex for the last two days, and I am having no issues that you mention, so it's not Esri locking you out.
0 Kudos
RichardBaker
New Contributor III
This is now a moot point. I de-installed and re-installed 10.1 and now Maplex is functional as normal. I'm not sure what happend the first go round. Thanks for your comments.
Richard
0 Kudos
LorenMuehlius
New Contributor III
I'm having the same issue with Maplex (many items greyed out). I guess I can go the uninstall/reinstall route. When I installed it, I didn't put in an authorization code, but just checked that I wanted to evaluate it. I wonder if that is causing the problem?
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
I'm having the same issue with Maplex (many items greyed out). I guess I can go the uninstall/reinstall route. When I installed it, I didn't put in an authorization code, but just checked that I wanted to evaluate it. I wonder if that is causing the problem?

Which version of desktop are you using?
0 Kudos
LorenMuehlius
New Contributor III
I'm using ArcEditor on a Vista computer (my normal work computer). I did install ArcInfo on a XP Virtual machine, and Maplex is okay on that.
0 Kudos
LorenMuehlius
New Contributor III
I did do a reinstall and Maplex's behavior didn't change for me, so will submit a bug write up. Not sure I mentioned before, but I was using ArcEditor Single User.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
I did do a reinstall and Maplex's behavior didn't change for me, so will submit a bug write up. Not sure I mentioned before, but I was using ArcEditor Single User.

Perhaps as you have said, its related to setting an evaluation license.  Thats 2 people who have had issues, but I have not experienced any issue with activation for Maplex
0 Kudos