ArcGis 9.3 -> 10 upgrade 80040111 COM Error

08-16-2011 11:41 AM
brianrathburn
New Contributor
We recently upgraded one of our desktop applications from 9.3 to 10, we are having some trouble when trying to create a new GxFilterShapefiles(); We are getting
{"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {90E9D96D-E647-11D3-A682-0008C7D3AE8D} failed due to the following error: 80040111."

i have read through
http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/How_to_migrate_ArcGIS_9...

which has very good information on doing the upgrade, we added the needed references and the
ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind(ESRI.ArcGIS.ProductCode.Engine);

also when trying to set display name field on an ifeature layer we get a similar COM exception.

when searching it seems that the 80040111 error code can be caused by a number of things and so far i have not had any luck troubleshooting it myself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EdgarBejarano
Occasional Contributor
Hello.  Are you both performing product binding (new to ArcGIS 10 and which you seem to already be doing with ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind) and initializing ArcObjects with a valid ArcGIS license, either with the IAoInitialize.Initialize Method or the LicenseControl (for Windows Form Engine applications)?  Remember, product binding is to be done even before initializing ArcObjects with a valid license.
0 Kudos
brianrathburn
New Contributor
Thanks for the quick response.

I do have the lines below in the application when it loads up.

//ESRI License Initializer generated code.
            m_AOLicenseInitializer.InitializeApplication(new esriLicenseProductCode[] { esriLicenseProductCode.esriLicenseProductCodeEngine, esriLicenseProductCode.esriLicenseProductCodeArcView },
            new esriLicenseExtensionCode[] { });
0 Kudos
DebbieAlger
New Contributor III
Hi, I am getting the same thing. I have binding actually in twice and it gets hit correctly, followed in debug, but I am still getting that same error on the first AO instance? I am getting quit annoyed at ESRI making this transition such a pain.
Did you ever figure this out???

thx
0 Kudos