iemba

Incremental Spatial Autocorrelation Model Failing

Discussion created by iemba on Aug 10, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 by jevans02
Hello,

I've been trying to determine a proper distance band for my data.  I have 461,565 points (throughout New York State) and my input field is an aggregated field that has a sum of almost 8 million.  Every time I run the Incremental Spatial Autocorrelation script, as well as the Spatial Autocorrelation Script (Morans I), it fails with a "<type 'exceptions.MemoryError'>:". 

I'm working with a projected data set and the data frame has the matching projection (NAD 1983 UTM Zone 18N) and I when I enter thresholds I make sure I am referring to meters.  Is there a limit to the size of the input features?  Should I close out other applications when running the script?  I am working with files in a geodatabase, I exported the file to a shapefile and created a .SWM and used that in the Spatial Autorcorrelation Script and that worked but I would need to run the script a bunch of times to determine the best distance.  I'm running the Incremental Spatial Autocorrelation script right now on the shapefile and it seems to be running better, but slowly.

Thanks,
Amber

Outcomes