Maptip delay and Polygons

07-28-2011 10:08 AM
Labels (1)
JoshuaCorcoran
New Contributor II
I am currently using the ArcGIS WPF API v2.2. I have created a custom map tip and set the GraphicsLayer.SetMapTipHideDelay property. When I add some graphics to the map the maptip display and stays on the screen for the specified time. When I first Draw a polygon on the screen then throw some graphic points on top of the polygon and then try and access the maptip. They stay on the screen only when the mouse is moved over the point. The delay is being ignored. Is this a bug? Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Are your points and polygons part of the same layer? If yes, they should respect the same MapTipHideDelay that you've assigned. Note however that once your mouse hovers another feature, the maptip is expected to close and open a new one since its DataContext has changed and should now open maptip with the new feature's attributes. The MapTipHideDelay is used when you don't jump from feature to feature, by leaving the current feature without moving to a new feature - this will result to the maptip closing with this delay time. Entering a new feature with maptip overrides this behavior.
0 Kudos
JoshuaCorcoran
New Contributor II
No they are two different Graphic Layers. I think I found a make shift solution. I have set the offset of the maptip so that is directly over the point. That way when the mouse moves off the point it does not select the polygon feature and close the maptip. Do you think there is a better way?
0 Kudos