AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto-panning map so that infowindow is fully visible

Question asked by wildernesswebmaster99 on Jul 15, 2011
Latest reply on May 17, 2016 by hcopropappr
I'm looking for some guidance on how to make my map pan when an infowindow is launched (result of an identify) if the infowindow is not completely within view.

Take this example:

Here's my map prototype: satellite Bing layer with wilderness boundaries ArcGIS dynamic service that my colleague maintains overlayed.

When you click within the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness boundary you get the infowindow with the results of an identify (grabs and ID number then outputs data from an array). Although I've used tabs to ensure that the infowindow can contain a fair amount of information but isn't too large, depending on where you click it will often be partially obscured (with the rest being outside the current map view).

If the infowindow isn't fully shown, I want the map to pan so that it is. So in this example, I want the map to pan to the below view.

This seems like a pretty useful operation (Google Maps api, for example, automatically takes care of this) but I haven't been able to find any examples or anything about how to do it. So any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The code for the prototype map from which I took the above screen snaps is available on my website at: http://www.wilderness.net/mapTest_esri3_strip.htm

Outcomes