Arcgis engine - test license

04-06-2010 05:49 AM
OlivierOlivier
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have a tablet pc application developed with VB .net 2008. One of its tab would be devoted to a map components.

I noticed that as soon as I include AxToolbarControl1, if there is no license on the pc, users can't access to the whole application even if they could work without the map and use other tabs.

So, what could my program test or set to allow the application to run without map ?

Thanks,

Olivier
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KirkKuykendall
Occasional Contributor III
Try calling the IAoInitialize.IsProductCodeAvailable Method in the Selecting event handler, canceling if license if unavailable.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.tabcontrol.selecting.aspx
0 Kudos
OlivierOlivier
New Contributor III
Thanks so much Kirk, this appears to be the good way.

My problem was to generate the Axtoolbar and AxmapControl programmatically, otherwise, the application don't start at all as the license is required to initalize manually drawed components.

I tried then to build the code, but my controls doesn't appear on the tabpage. I tried to insert the drawing of a combo, which worked. All the code run correctly with no error message, but no map, no toolbar at the end.

My mistake was to initialize components inside Form Load and not inside New. I let the code if it can help.

Thanks very much again Kirk !

Friend WithEvents AxToolbarControl1 As ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls.AxToolbarControl = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls.AxToolbarControl
    Friend WithEvents AxLicenseControl1 As ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls.AxLicenseControl = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls.AxLicenseControl
    Friend WithEvents AxMapControl1 As ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls.AxMapControl = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls.AxMapControl

Private Function CheckOutLicenses(ByVal productCode As esriLicenseProductCode) As esriLicenseStatus

Dim m_pAoInitialize As AoInitialize = New AoInitialize
        m_pAoInitialize.Initialize(productcode)

Return m_pAoInitialize.IsProductCodeAvailable(ProductCode)
    End Function

Main code ->

If CheckOutLicenses(esriLicenseProductCode.esriLicenseProductCodeEngineGeoDB) = esriLicenseStatus.esriLicenseAvailable Then
            Dim resources As System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager = New System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(GetType(Tablet))
            CType(AxToolbarControl1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()
            CType(AxLicenseControl1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()
            CType(AxMapControl1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()

'
            'TabCarte
            '
            TabCarte.Controls.Add(AxToolbarControl1)
            TabCarte.Controls.Add(AxLicenseControl1)
            TabCarte.Controls.Add(AxMapControl1)
            AxToolbarControl1.Visible = True
            AxMapControl1.Visible = True
            AxMapControl1.BringToFront()
            AxToolbarControl1.BringToFront()

'TabCarte.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(4, 22)
            'TabCarte.Name = "TabCarte"
            'TabCarte.Padding = New System.Windows.Forms.Padding(3)
            'TabCarte.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(1001, 707)
            'TabCarte.TabIndex = 2
            'TabCarte.Text = "Carte"
            'TabCarte.UseVisualStyleBackColor = True
            '
            'AxToolbarControl1
            '
            AxToolbarControl1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(6, 6)
            AxToolbarControl1.Name = "AxToolbarControl1"
            AxToolbarControl1.OcxState = CType(resources.GetObject("AxToolbarControl1.OcxState"), System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.State)
            AxToolbarControl1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(984, 28)
            AxToolbarControl1.TabIndex = 2
            '
            'AxLicenseControl1
            '
            AxLicenseControl1.Enabled = True
            AxLicenseControl1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(24, 0)
            AxLicenseControl1.Name = "AxLicenseControl1"
            AxLicenseControl1.OcxState = CType(resources.GetObject("AxLicenseControl1.OcxState"), System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.State)
            AxLicenseControl1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(32, 32)
            AxLicenseControl1.TabIndex = 1
            '
            'AxMapControl1
            '
            AxMapControl1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(0, 40)
            AxMapControl1.Name = "AxMapControl1"
            AxMapControl1.OcxState = CType(resources.GetObject("AxMapControl1.OcxState"), System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.State)
            AxMapControl1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(990, 656)
            AxMapControl1.TabIndex = 0
            '
            CType(AxToolbarControl1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()
            CType(AxLicenseControl1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()
            CType(AxMapControl1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()

ArcToolbar_Init()
            Data_Load()
        End If

Sub ArcToolbar_Init()
        AxToolbarControl1.SetBuddyControl(AxMapControl1.Object)

'Add control command items to the ToolbarControl
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsOpenDocCommand", -1, -1, False, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly)
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomInTool", -1, -1, True, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly)
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomOutTool", -1, -1, False, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly)
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapPanTool", -1, -1, False, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly)
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomToLastExtentBackCommand", -1, -1, False, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly)
        'Add extension command items to the ToolbarControl
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("ZoomFactorExtensionVBNet.SetZoomFactor", -1, -1, True, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconAndText)
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("ZoomFactorExtensionVBNet.ZoomIn", -1, -1, False, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconAndText)
        AxToolbarControl1.AddItem("ZoomFactorExtensionVBNet.ZoomOut", -1, -1, False, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconAndText)

'Get the extension manager admin
        m_pExtensionManagerAdmin = New ExtensionManagerClass

''Add the extension to the extension manager
        Dim pUID As New UIDClass
        pUID.Value = "ZoomFactorExtensionVBNet.ZoomExtension"
        Call m_pExtensionManagerAdmin.AddExtension(pUID, 0)

'Get the extension manager
        Dim pExtensionManager As IExtensionManager
        'Dim m_pExtensionManagerAdmin As IExtensionManagerAdmin

pExtensionManager = CType(m_pExtensionManagerAdmin, IExtensionManager)
        'Get the extension from the extension manager
        Dim pExtensionConfig As IExtensionConfig
        pExtensionConfig = CType(pExtensionManager.FindExtension("Zoom Factor Extension"), IExtensionConfig)
        'Set the enabled state
        pExtensionConfig.State = esriExtensionState.esriESEnabled
    End Sub

Private Sub Data_Load()
        Dim sFilePath As String
        sFilePath = "D:\test\datas.mxd"
        If sFilePath = "" Then Exit Sub

'Validate and load map document
        If AxMapControl1.CheckMxFile(sFilePath) Then
            AxMapControl1.LoadMxFile(sFilePath)
            'Enabled MapControl
            AxMapControl1.Enabled = True
        Else
            MsgBox(sFilePath & " is not a valid ArcMap document")
            Exit Sub
        End If
    End Sub
0 Kudos
OlivierOlivier
New Contributor III
By the way, thanks twice Kirk, as you help me also to solve the problem of disabling a tabpage which is frequently searched but not so easily found. Then I was able to threw away my workaround and everything is ok now.
0 Kudos