l.gratton

Few questions about arcGIS 9.3

Discussion created by l.gratton on Jul 10, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 by l.gratton
Good morning everyone,
I would need your help in order to get the azimuth from lines in arcGIS 9.3. I read somewhere you can do it with the help of the Military Analyst toolbar but 1) I wonder if it is actually what I need in order to get these kind of imformations and 2) when I went here http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgiSDEsktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=Enabling_the_Military_Analyst_extension to see how to get it, I discovered that in my arcGIS I don't have anything like that, I don't have that extension and thus, I'm not able to enabling it...anyone could please tell me if this is what I need and how can I actually get it?

Second question, I created a single polyline shapefile, in which I created several lines. Now I would need to differentiate the lines, I mean, I'd like to give to each line a single and unique thickness, in order to give them more or less visual importance on the map. How can I do it? Always working in the same shapefile?

Thanks to everyone
lorenzo from Italy

p.s. I hope this is not such a wrong section to post these questions...if it is, I apologize, I'm new here and I didn't really know where to put this trade

Outcomes