nhieuduong

trouble working with dynamic layers on arcgis engine using java on eclipse

Discussion created by nhieuduong on Jul 7, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 by nhieuduong
hi

im currently trying to get two raster layers to be visible when i activate my dynamic layers but it seems that one of the layers become invisible when dynamic layer is on. im not sure where to start, ive tried ActiveView.ContentsChanged() approach. that did not solve my problem.

let me back up and fully explain the contexts and what is going on.

i have a raster map on a mapbean in eclipse. its the world map that comes packaged with arcgis engine.
i also have another raster layer that i generate manually with data. the raster layer displays colors and shapes to represent the data . everything is fine and dandy. but as soon as i activate the dynamic layer, the raster layer turns all black. the colors are gone. if i switch the colors to a gray scale, turning on the dynamic layer makes the raster layer disappear.

i might wanna add that i used the sample code from arcgis engine to develop the dynamic layer. i bascially reused alot of there code.

if anyone has any ideas as to what is going on even brainstorming ideas, i would really appreciate the help. im at the point where i tried everything and nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance for the replies and the help ...

Outcomes