JaneWinn

Spatial join keeping ALL the information and hyperlinks?

Discussion created by JaneWinn on Jul 5, 2011
I have two point layers each of which is supposed to be all the crossings in our county. 80% of the points occur in both layers, but the other 20% do not. About 10% occur in only layer A, the other 10% occur in only layer B. The tables for the two layers have no fields in common.

My goal is to join the two layers so that I have all the points in one layer and the table would include all the data on every point. (Note that 10% would only have layer A information because those don???t occur in layer B, and 10% would only have layer B information because those don???t occur in layer A.)

To add to my problems, my interns have created dynamic hyperlinks to many of the points in layer A. I would like to keep those dynamic hyperlinks in my final layer.

I tried a spatial join. That produced a layer with all the points from layer A with most of those points having all the information from both tables. I have two problems with this ??? I am missing about 10% of the points (from layer B). Also, I lost all the hyperlinks.

Is there a way to join these two layers, have the final layer contain all the points from both layers, and maintain the hyperlinks?

If not, is there a way to join these two layers and have the final layer contain all the points from both layers?

Thank you,
Jane

Outcomes