Cyndy

command line raster clipping FAIL

Discussion created by Cyndy on Jul 4, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 by bruce.nielsen
Hi folks -

I am running ArcGIS 9.2 Desktop SP6, and having peculiar problems with something I thought would be 'simple'.  I need to clip a lot of rasters to the same extent.  Given I'm not quite up to speed with Python enough to use it for the job, I thought I'd simply write the clip command to the command line 'x' times over.  Easy, right?  But the problem is, the first instance of the clip command causes a memory error (it claims the instruction at memory location 'blahblahblah' could not be read) even though it executes the command properly (I can see the newly created clipped raster).   It crashes ArcMap or ArcCatalog after making the clipped raster.  Running what I think is the same command through the toolbox causes no such crash!  I can't figure out what's going on.   The input rasters are in a Geodatabase; I'm wondering if that makes things 'different' somehow.

Here is the command as I enter it into the command line:

Clip_management C:\GWR\Annual_Precipitation.mdb\G_1964_annual_ppt "4946185.62909 19224710.6239 6915625.62909 20843030.6239" C:\ClipPrecip\precip_annual_1964.tif

any ideas, things to try, to fix the problem?  Thank you!

Outcomes