Tree Inventory Maintenance

07-02-2011 01:27 PM
MikeGonfel
New Contributor
Is here any body in the Phoenix area that knows how to developed a very small App for the iPad and iPhone for collecting data out in the field?

I saw this online and I thought somebody might be able to this.  I will pay!

http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/smartphones/index.html

Please call me at 602-377-5087
or email me at mgonfel@cox.net

Thank you,

Mike Gonfel
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
The ArcGIS application for iOS has functionality to collect data.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
MikeGonfel
New Contributor
I would like to utilize the google map layers with the GPS coordinates and then custom build a tree maintenance program that will collect attributes (of the trees) with a formula that calculates the value of each tree.

The end result is to plot the location of each tree on the pdf map with legends indicating what types of trees and how many.
0 Kudos
MikePedley
New Contributor
I do exactly what you are describing with a Pharos 565 PDA and Arcpad.  I work for Chadwick Arboretum at The Ohio State University, and the primary focus is accessions (collection records).  However, we also record genus, species, D.B.H., cultivar etc.  The location, diameter, and species information can be imported to the iTree Eco model to calculate their "value" in terms of annual ecological benefits.
0 Kudos
MikeGonfel
New Contributor
Mpedley,

I am very interested in your comments regarding the tree maintenance program you mentioned on your previous posting. I am looking for someone to help me write "maintenance program" that will run on iPad and iPhone.

Please email me at mgonfel@gmail.com if you can spare your time.

Thank you,

MikeG
0 Kudos