retrieveDefaultRouteTaskParameters fails..

07-02-2011 07:14 AM
NoureddineEl-zaatari
New Contributor
im using the Route Task in IOS API v1.8.. but retrieveDefaultRouteTaskParameters fails, any idea what could be the reason, is there any alternative for this,, like setting the Route Paras manually..

appreciate your help
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NoureddineEl-zaatari
New Contributor
update:

managed to solve without [routeTask retrieveDefaultRouteTaskParameters], but i have another very strange problem now, the delegate didSolveWithResult:(AGSRouteTaskResult*) executes but AGSRouteTaskResult variabile has all nil properties..

digging more into this
===============

opened the IIS log looked for the request that solves the route and got the following:

ArcGIS/rest/services/JOBS/NAServer/Route/solve?ignoreInvalidLocations=true&preserveLastStop=false&impedanceAttributeName=TimeCost&useTimeWindows=false&outputGeometryPrecision=5&outputGeometryPrecisionUnits=esriMeters&f=json&directionsTimeAttributeName=TimeCost&preserveFirstStop=true&outSR=4326&doNotLocateOnRestrictedElements=false&returnBarriers=false&stops={"geometryType":"esriGeometryPoint","features":[{"geometry":{"x":797884.8245282052,"y":3221991.655146945,"spatialReference":{"wkid":32638}},"attributes":{}},{"geometry":{"x":773665.8750000007,"y":3294393.499999999,"spatialReference":{"wkid":32638}},"attributes":{}}],"spatialReference":{"wkid":32638}}&directionsLanguage=en-US&findBestSequence=true&returnPolygonBarriers=false&useHierarchy=true&returnRoutes=true&returnDirections=false&returnStops=true&returnPolylineBarriers=false

now copying and pasting in the browser, returns the result normally without any problem..

the question is.. why am i getting nil for all the properties of AGSRouteTaskResult ??

this is very strange.. what is the difference between my NAServer and the ESRI online services http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Network

i have MapServer with an NALayer embedded into it..

what could be the problem ? Message Size Limit ??

ESRI Staff please help..
0 Kudos
NoureddineEl-zaatari
New Contributor
where can submit confirmed bug in ArcGIS IOS 1.8 ??
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Please contact Esri Support Services to submit software bugs and enhancements. You can log these via Phone, Email, Webform, or Chat options.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Noureddine,

Is it possible for you to share the URL of your server so I can check why retrieveDefaultRouteTaskParameters fails? Is retrieveDefaultRouteTaskParameters works with sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com NA service?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
NoureddineEl-zaatari
New Contributor
with sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com it works but with ours no...

for our NS Service URL can i PM you, i do not want to paste it in public..

appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Ok..Send it to njarecha@esri.com

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos