problems with Arc Toolbox

07-01-2011 11:08 AM
AprilNewlander1
New Contributor
My computer recently had to have a system restore donbe on it.  I'm not sure if it got a virus or what happened..but when I did restore my computer ArcGIS desktop program was still there and working but my toolbox won't work.  I've specifically been trying to us the spatial statistics tools, but have tried any of them and nothing happens.  When I restarted my computer I had to retrieve all my documents and files on my c:/ drive because they were all hidden?  I also tried to put the disk in and authorize the license and extensions and it said it was successful but the toolbox still doesn't work.??  I am using a 1 year student edition and am wondering if I uninstall the program, then re-install if I should be able to get the program back and the toolbox working properly.?  I am concerned with uninstalling the program incase I can't re-install.  I don't have access to another copy and need this program to finish my master's thesis.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
A
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi A,

I'm so sorry that you've run into trouble with your system, and subsequently with ArcToolbox.  Unfortunately, the best advice that I can think of is to reinstall ArcMap, although I totally understand your worries about being able to reinstall with your student license.  If the only tools you're having trouble with are python scripts, you may want to try reinstalling Python itself...but that will only be helpful if the problem is isolated to python scripts (and even then, its just a shot in the dark).  I think you're best bet may be to try and call tech support to see if they have any ideas about what you can do. 

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Lauren Rosenshein
Geoprocessing Product Engineer
0 Kudos