hankhill1450

Problems with raster calculator within model builder-ArcGIS 10

Discussion created by hankhill1450 on Jun 22, 2011
Hello.

I'm attempting to use model builder to run iterations of a raster calculator routine.  However, there are a couple of issues:

1. When I build the model and double-click the raster calculator portion of the flow chart, I get the old familiar map algebra window.  However, at this point I'm unable to drag rasters from ArcCatalog into the map algebra window.  I'm working around by opening raster calculator from ArcCatalog, configuring the algebra there and copying into the model builder instance.  Any ideas why I can't drag rasters directly to the map algebra window opened via model builder?

2. The model will run properly the first time only.  Subsequent runs display the following ouput:

Executing (Raster Calculator): RasterCalculator ""%rasterout%" - "%dem.dem%"" C:\Images\rastermd
Start Time: Wed Jun 22 17:53:45 2011
"%rasterout%" - "%dem.dem%"
ERROR 000539: Error running expression: rcexec() <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'str' and 'str'
Failed to execute (Raster Calculator).
Failed at Wed Jun 22 17:53:45 2011 (Elapsed Time: 0.00 seconds)

Once again, any ideas?

The exact same setup will run flawlessly when I run the raster calculator directly from ArcCatalog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Outcomes