Problem upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3

06-20-2011 03:43 AM
AW1
by
New Contributor
Hi,

I've built a web application using the ESRI JavaScript API version 2.2 and as I now try to upgrade to 2.3 the map does not load, the fonts in the dojo buttons default to Times New Roman, and I get the following error:

_12 is undefined

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
The issue with the fonts can be resolved by adding the following stylesheet to your application.

<link href="http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/2.3/js/dojo/dijit/themes/claro/document.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

As for why the map isn't loading its hard to diagnose the issue without seeing your application or the code. Is the broken site publicly available? If so can you post a link?
0 Kudos
AW1
by
New Contributor
The text works fine as long as I use claro 2.2, but when I switch everything to 2.3 it fails to load the proper font.
However, that is a bit insignificant next to the fact that the map wont load 🙂
You'll find the site and the javascript below. Apologies in advance for the messy code.

Website

Javascript

Thank you!

Edit: And this is how it's supposed to look: http://kartweb.staffanstorp.se/panwe_dynamisk_beta.htm
0 Kudos
AW1
by
New Contributor
Update:

I got the map to load now; I apparently had the same problems as the other fellow who was trying to migrate to 2.3. I thought he had some other problem because we got different error messages, but his solution (removal of borderContainers) solved the map loading problem for me.

However, I'm still having issues with the claro stylesheet. I've updated the documents in my previous post, but in order for it to display the default claro font I have to manually specify it in the head tag.

This (or something else) seems to mess with my dynamic content tooltip dialog (found under the "Mer innehåll" button at the top). In 2.2 this button displayed correctly, but now that I've migrated to 2.3 I get an initial line break in the list of layers  to show/hide, which is then corrected if I open and then close the tooltip.
Any ideas?

Thanks again!
0 Kudos