Trouble Installing Spatial Analyst Extension

06-18-2011 06:41 AM
EmilyBrodsky
New Contributor
I have a single use version of ArcGIS 9.3.1 and I'm trying to install Spatial Analyst.  I went into Desktop Administrator, followed the instructions and checked off Spatial Analyst, and then it told me that the extension was registered and ready for use.  The help menu tells me to go into ArcMap, go to Tools>Extensions and check the box next to Spatial Analyst, but no box comes up.  Am I missing a step? 

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated... I cannot go any further with my current project until I have this extension installed.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
If you can check on the extension it is ready to use.  Nothing pops up when the extension is toggled on.  Open Arctoolbox, and expand the Spatial Analyst toolset and try to use one of the tools.
0 Kudos
EmilyBrodsky
New Contributor
I can't check on the extension.  When I go to Tools>Extensions there is nothing there.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
did you install it prior to registering it?
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
It appears that you did not install the 'complete' version and may need to modify the install and then install that extension. Go to Control Panel < Add/Remove Programs and select ArcGIS Desktop.  When you select modify, you should see a menu that indicates what extensions are installed.  Select the option to install the extension and then try the previous procedure again.
0 Kudos
LindseyRich
New Contributor
I am having the same problem.  Under Programs-Arcgis-Desktop Administrator-Availability both ArcEditor and Spatial Analyst are registered.  However, only ArcEditor is installed.  I followed your instructions (as well as the instructions I found in the tutorial) and went to my computer's control panel-Add/Remove Programs-ArcGIS Desktop-Modify-selected the spatial analyst extension. It appears that something is happening but when I go back to Desktop Administrator spatial analyst is still not installed!  I tried doing the same thing directly through my installation CD and still nothing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
I would recommend creating a Support call and the Analyst can look at what is going on your machine specifically.  There maybe an error that is occurring.
0 Kudos