How to save edits explicitly?

06-15-2011 06:09 AM
SanajyJadhav
Occasional Contributor II
Hi experts,

I want to give my users the capability of explicitly saving the edits done to data.However, the  web help article says that geometry edits are saved automatically. (under Editing behaviors:section )

So, my question is, how can I provide my users with a button to commit changes to sde (geometry and attribute changes).In Silverlight API, we have one property on the FeatureLayer class to do this. So, is there any similar thing available to achieve this in JS API?

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HemingZhu
Occasional Contributor III
Hi experts,

I want to give my users the capability of explicitly saving the edits done to data.However, the  web help article says that geometry edits are saved automatically. (under Editing behaviors:section )

So, my question is, how can I provide my users with a button to commit changes to sde (geometry and attribute changes).In Silverlight API, we have one property on the FeatureLayer class to do this. So, is there any similar thing available to achieve this in JS API?

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay.

Look into JSAPI FeatureLayer's applyEdits(adds?, updates?, deletes?, callback?, errback?) method.
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Occasional Contributor II
Hi, Did you find any update regarding this issue. I am trying to have a similar approach. Please provide some code snippet if you were able. Thanks & Regards, Manishkumar Patel
0 Kudos