cant get arcgis runtime 9.3 to run sample jar file provided by Arcgis engine on unix

06-13-2011 02:45 PM
nhieuduong
New Contributor
so i have been trying to get this to work for weeks now, running into problem after problem.
Currently, im trying to run arcgis engine runtime 9.3 on red hat .

under root i get this error

Could not load native libraries. ArcGIS/bin should be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/nhieuduong/arcgis/bin/libntvninv.so: libshlwapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

ive checked and libntvninv.so is in the /home/nhieuduong/arcgis/bin directory. so is it saying that it cant find libshlwapi.so ? i followed all the procedures outlined by arcgis on there website. sourced the init_engine file and the init_java file and placed java home env variable in the java directory. my regisitration is complete. i have the correct licenses. did anyone encounter something similiar that can maybe shed some light as to what is going on?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GriffinSchalow
New Contributor
Root is not needed. You should be using the same user that ArcGIS Engine Runtime was installed by.
0 Kudos
nhieuduong
New Contributor
so does it mean that all the errors that im getting thru root are not the real cause but just superficial?

do i need to add arcgis/bin to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as some of the errors suggest? or adding JAVA_HOME/bin to PATH sufficient enough?

can we clear something up, am i suppose to be editing PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH? and who and what am i adding to PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH
0 Kudos
nhieuduong
New Contributor
sorry for the confusion

we are using arcgis runtime 9.3.1 . should i download the tar file in the link just in case?
0 Kudos