Help with Spatial Analyst license?!

06-08-2011 09:38 AM
JohnNiles
New Contributor III
Let me preface by mentioning that ArcGIS administrator and licensing is fairly baffling to me.

I am using ArcGIS 10.0 and am attempting to use the Spatial Analyst tool in ArcMap. When I go to Customize --> Extensions it says: 'Spatial Analyst (License not available).

How do I find out if the the extension is or is not licensed?

If it is, how do I find out if I am using the "Concurrent Use" product?

If it is not, am I SOL?

Thanks,
John
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KylePurdon
New Contributor
I realize this was posted long ago, but for anybody coming to this post looking for an answer here we go:

To find out if you are a concurrent or stand-along licence ask yourself this. Did you install the program yourself, on a single-machine or did someone else install it and on multiple machines. If on a single machine it is stand-alone, else its concurrent (If your at work as your sys-admin).

Now as far as the extension goes open ArcGIS Administrator and click on "Availability". There you will see what extensions you have available. The extensions cost $$$ so if you didn't buy them you don't have them! Usually the ArcGIS trials come with all of the extensions so check that. Again, if you are at work check with your sys-admin about licencing.

Good luck all,
0 Kudos