None of the processes are ready to run.

06-08-2011 06:35 AM
CharlesSmith1
New Contributor
I am executing a geoprocessing service and result map service. With the same inputs, sometimes it works, sometimes it fails with the following message ???<MessageDesc>None of the processes are ready to run.</MessageDesc>.???

Can anyone help?

My thanks in advance.

Charles Smith
Tallahassee, FL
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CharlesSmith1
New Contributor
More information - The input to the geoprocess is a database. It works with some databases and I get the error message with other databases. All the databases are Access / Personal Geodatabases.
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Does it work with other data types? Not sure if there are locks that is preventing the access to the personal/access data. Also try running the service with a single instance (min-max instance: 1) to see if that helps?

Ravi
0 Kudos
CharlesSmith1
New Contributor
Hi Ravi,

I did solve my problem. The error message "none of the processes are ready to run" occurs when an input to the geoprocess is not available.

In my case the input in question were various databases. Local databases worked but databases on a network drive didn�??t work because the geoprocess didn�??t have permissions to access the network drive.

I could access the network drive while running the tool in ArcMap because I was logged on as administrator. But the geoprocess runs as ArcGISSOC and I had to create a ArcGISSOC windows account on the file server machine and give this account permissions to the folder.

Both the inputs not ready and the permissions are documented in the Esri pages but only a sentence or two for each in all of their documentation so it is not something you might notice.

In another case, a database was locked by another process. Even with permissions this didn�??t work until the lock was released. In my case, the database was locked due to a different ArcGIS problem which I haven�??t solved yet.

Thanks for the help.

Charles
0 Kudos