Wkimrey

Gaps Detected when solving route: clarification on warning message.

Discussion created by Wkimrey on Jun 6, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 by Wkimrey
Hello all,

I recently built a network dataset and was using it to generate routes.  The routes generated just fine, but I kept getting this warning message.

"Warning: Gaps have been detected in the cumulative impedance value of the output.  This can occur due to the presence of positive-impedance junctions, turns, or additive point barriers along the output edges.  Measures have been disabled for output in this case."

I generated 3 different routes using different criteria, but I got this warning in all three.  The thing is, I can't find anything that has been disabled.  Directions are still being returned with the correct distance and time totals.

I have a turn feature class to help navigate one-way streets (that seems to be working) and I have a point feature class representing traffic signals which adds a bit more time, but is only a factor in 1 of the routes.

Any ideas as to why I'm seeing this warning and if it will cause me any problems?  If it's something that can be fixed, how would I go about doing that?  If it will not cause any problems in ArcMAP, will it cause problems if I try to publish it and use it for my web-apps?

Thanks,
Will

Outcomes