mvolz47

Register Dll with ESRIRegAsm.exe

Discussion created by mvolz47 on Jun 6, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 by agray1
To All ArcGIS Developers:

I have watched an ESRI Deployment video as well as read ESRI v10 Resource Help and I created a bat file as follows which should just register a dll on a machine where ArcGIS Desktop is installed:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\ESRIRegAsm.exe C:\GIS_Testing\Test_Editor\Register_Testing\County.GIS.TestEditor.dll /p:desktop

When I run this bat file a dialog box pops up asking me which Registered ArcGIS installation I want to register this dll with.  I thought I already specified this option with the "/p:desktop" parameter.  Why is this option ignored?

I first ran the following bat file to create a reg file to be installed with the custom application:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe
C:\GIS_Testing\Test_Editor\Register_Testing\County.GIS.TestEditor.dll /p:desktop /codebase /regfile:C:\GIS_Testing\Test_Editor\Register_Testing\County.GIS.TestEditor.dll.reg

The dialog box also pops up here asking which Registered ArcGIS installation I want to register this dll with?  Again I had supplied this parameter so I do not understand why the software is still asking me for this information?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Outcomes