Trouble with reclassify tool

05-27-2011 05:01 PM
DanielBigelow
New Contributor
I am trying to create bands for a slope raster file in Arcmap 9.3,1. When I open up the reclassify tool, and click on the "classify" button to manually change the reclassification scheme, no new dialog box opens up. I also tried using the tool in ArcCatalog and the problem persists. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BruceWiggins
New Contributor
I am trying to create bands for a slope raster file in Arcmap 9.3,1. When I open up the reclassify tool, and click on the "classify" button to manually change the reclassification scheme, no new dialog box opens up. I also tried using the tool in ArcCatalog and the problem persists. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I am observing the same behavior in v10.0.  But only for certain rasters.  For example, a DEM (unprojected) shows the dialog box for the "classify" button, but a projected version of the same DEM does not.  I can't tell why--any ideas would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I know this an old thread but reclassify only works on integer rasters. If you project a raster this could definitely create  float output.

The tool to "reclassify" float raster is the Slice tool.

0 Kudos
AlexStum
New Contributor II
Problem persist in 10.1
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Have any of you tried rebuilding statistics on the slope raster first?
0 Kudos
MahmoudMdookh
New Contributor II
0 Kudos