Spline with Barriers failed AG10

05-25-2011 11:20 PM
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor
hi use AG10, win7, and i have problem whit interpolating using Spline whit barriers. I have jre6 installed so there is no problem whit Java. When I start the tool, start computing (reading, interpolationing..) but then suddenly fail.  Do anybody know, how to solve this problem? thanks a lot. M.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor
see attachment..
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Please try to narrow down the problem, viz.,
- use a smaller dataset, with and without a barrier
- output to ESRI grid rather than fGDB
- create a new fGDB and output to it
- with you posted scenario, increase the cellsize and exclude the barrier and output to ESRI grid

Please let us know which of these are successful.

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor
hi thanks for reply.. i tried all those things before..but is still the same..  the same error
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you run Spatial Analyst's IDW with the data, output cell size and output location and raster format?

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor
hi there is no problem whit IDW   whit and also whitout barriers
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Please can you contact Esri Support.

Thank you
Steve
0 Kudos
JenniferBarrett
New Contributor
Hi,

Did you ever solve this? I keep getting the exact same error and have tried everything I can think of with no luck!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jenn
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Jenn

Can you share the data (slynch@esri.com)

And you do have java installed and you did try IDW?

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
AnkeRiethmueller
New Contributor
Hi there,

is there by now an official ESRI solution to this problem? German support already tried it´s best, but we with no result.

Facing exact the same error.
I changed AGSDESKTOPJAVA back and forth to various locations and also changed betweem JRE6 and JRE7, nothing worked.
Is there a secret how AGSDESKTOPJAVA and PATH have to be configured? To which exact folder does the AGSDESKTOPJAVA need to point and do I necessarily need to give the location to java.exe in the PATH variable?

Regards,
Anke
0 Kudos