"Find Task Results in Datagrid" Sample not working?

05-19-2011 01:15 PM
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
I was recently trying to work on my version of this example on my page, and I noticed that the example stopped working. When you click on a row in the datagrid, the page is supposed to zoom to the result... well it doesn't anymore.

I know it worked in the past, so what's the deal? Is anybody else experiencing this issue? My coworker and I are.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples_start.htm#jssamples/find_map_datag...

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Andrew,

It works for me. Perhaps its a browser specific issue, which browser (and version) are you using?
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
I've tried it in all three browsers that I have installed, IE8, Firefox 4 (latest version), and Chrome (latest version). They all don't work.

My coworker tried it on IE8 and it also didn't work.

Could it be that fact that we have the JS 2.2 API installed on our machines, and not 2.3?
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Did you copy the sample locally then switch out the script tags to point to version 2.2 on your machine? If so then yes that's why it does not work. Version 2.3 uses an upgraded version of dojo (v 1.6). At dojo 1.6 djConfig and dojoType were deprecated so many of the samples in the resource center were migrated to use the new approach. There are details here on what changed:

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/releasenotes/1.6.html
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
Well it must be dojo then. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate it into Aptana Studio 3...
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
I tried this example on a separate machine that isn't utilized for production, and the example still isn't working. I used IE8.
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Andrew,

I ran some more tests and for me it looks like it retrieves the matching information and displays it in the grid but the data grid click isn't working. I'll find the issue and update the sample.

Kelly
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
It looks like the sample was missing the data-dojo-id attribute. If you add the following to the table tag the sample should work.

data-dojo-id="grid"

I've updated the broken sample and it should appear in the help system later today.
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
Works great, thanks!
0 Kudos