s.offermannconterra-de-esridist

Local AGS Connection under Windows Server 2008 R2

Discussion created by s.offermannconterra-de-esridist Employee on May 17, 2011
Latest reply on May 18, 2011 by s.offermannconterra-de-esridist
Hi,

I have to migrate some code from ArcGIS 9.3.1 to 10.0, there is a class "Foo" which is connecting to ArcGIS server locally by calling this code:

using ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Core;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Local;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.Core;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.Local;
class Foo {
  private ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.AGS.AGSServerConnection conn = null;

I debugged the rest of my code down to exactly this line, which is causing my console application to crash immediatly before executing any of its main method code. The code is fine using ArcObjects 9.3.1, but when built with ArcObjects 10.0 and deployed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine, its crashing right at the beginning of execution, leaving not a single hint why my code is broken :-(

When not using the private variable conn and therefore not referencing the AGSServerConnection class, my code works. What the **** is wrong using this class on Windows Server 2008 R2? Is somethin misconfiured? Has something changed in local connections to arcgis server?

Just to clarify: The code runs on the same machine as ArcGIS server, thats why it uses a local connection.

Its really annoying to debug your codes for hours because a crashing application gives no hint WHY its crashing... bad day for me :-( time to go home.

Best regards, Stefan

Outcomes