Linker errors after update to 1.8 final

05-11-2011 03:40 PM
RobertMartin2
Occasional Contributor II
Since updating to 1.8 final I have been getting the following linker errors when running my app in the iOS Simulator:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator4.3.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/arm-apple-darwin10/4.0.1'
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_CTFontDescriptorCreateWithAttributes", referenced from:
      -[AGSTextSymbol drawGraphic:atX:y:resolution:inContext:] in libArcGIS.a(AGSTextSymbol.o)
  "_CTFontCreateWithFontDescriptor", referenced from:
      -[AGSTextSymbol drawGraphic:atX:y:resolution:inContext:] in libArcGIS.a(AGSTextSymbol.o)
  "_CTLineCreateWithAttributedString", referenced from:
  "_CTLineGetTypographicBounds", referenced from:
  "_CTFontGetDescent", referenced from:
  "_CTFontGetAscent", referenced from:
  "_CTFontGetXHeight", referenced from:
  "_CTFontGetLeading", referenced from:
  "_CTLineDraw", referenced from:
  "_kCTFontFamilyNameAttribute", referenced from:
  "_kCTFontSymbolicTrait", referenced from:
  "_kCTFontTraitsAttribute", referenced from:
  "_kCTForegroundColorAttributeName", referenced from:
  "_kCTStrokeWidthAttributeName", referenced from:
  "_kCTStrokeColorAttributeName", referenced from:
  "_kCTFontAttributeName", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Indeed, the gcc directory at the top does not exist -- instead I have version 4.2.1. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Instruction to update your existing project to v1.8 is available at following link. The CoreText framework is MISSING in your project.

What's new in version 1.8
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/iOS/1.8/concepts/00pw/00pw00000054000000.htm

XCode Project Changes
CoreText needs to be added to the project's Frameworks. This library is required because the API has added support for TextSymbols with international languages. Eventhough CoreText is only available on iOS 4.0 and later, you can still target devices running an older iOS version (as long as they meet the Device Requirements), in which case, the library won't be used at runtime. Note, this means that you will not be able to display TextSymbols with international languages on older iOS versions.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
RobertMartin2
Occasional Contributor II
Perfect. Thank you!
0 Kudos