Unable to apply edits

02-25-2010 11:10 AM
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I published a service in which a particular SDE version is being used.  I then view the map service and the display is correct, i.e. it reflects the data as present in the version I published.

I added a feature layer for editing and can locate the feature and display its attributes.  I can change one of the attributes in ArcMap and it shows up in the web.  When I try to change the attributes in the web the error I see in Fiddler is:

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete  operation.","details":["Unable to apply edits"]}}

I have configured an ASP.NET project to use a proxy and set alwaysUseProxy to true.

What can I do in order to figure out what I am doing wrong?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
The HTTP POST looks correct to me, i.e. it contains the updated attribute.

The ArcGIS Server Manager log has the following ERRORs:

ERROR Performed StopEditing. 2010-02-26 07:01:16 Smallwood.MapServer RWATSONVISTA 17004   4688 5556 GraphicFeatureServer.PerformEdit

ERROR Aborted the Edit operation. 2010-02-26 07:01:16 Smallwood.MapServer RWATSONVISTA 17004   4688 5556 GraphicFeatureServer.PerformEdit

ERROR Error while Performing Edit Operation for GraphicFeatureServer.ApplyEdits. 2010-02-26 07:01:16 Smallwood.MapServer RWATSONVISTA 17004   4688 5556
GraphicFeatureServer.PerformEdit

ERROR Error while updating GraphicFeature with ObjectID: 8663 in Layer/ Table: NE.PARCEL. 2010-02-26 07:01:16 Smallwood.MapServer RWATSONVISTA 17004   4688 5556
GraphicFeatureLayer.Update
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
deleted-user-XYH0uc33lKDp
New Contributor
Did you ever come to a work around or solution?  I am getting the same error and I am curious as to why and I've gone through the recommendations posted previously.  Thanks for any tips!
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I think that my problem related to the fact that feature layers support a subset of ArcMap renderers:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Authoring_fea...

Seems like ArcGIS Server Manager had some entries which identified the layers with problems.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
deleted-user-XYH0uc33lKDp
New Contributor
Did you ever come to a work around or solution?  I am getting the same error and I am curious as to why and I've gone through the recommendations posted previously.  Thanks for any tips!

I was able to get my online editor working.  It turns out I had a bad install of SQL Server.  Once I rebuilt my entire machine everything worked correctly...go figure....
0 Kudos