Applying Condition into model Builder

05-09-2011 01:45 PM
SarawutTangadunrat
New Contributor
Hello

I have a model that will create buffer based on the selected parcel. It works just like I wanted since I know that I should select a parcel before running the model. If I don't select a parcel before running this model it will try to create buffer for all 130000 parcels. So I would like to add a check point into my model to make sure that at least one parcel is selected other wise stop the model. Can someone please help me figure this out? I remember seeing it somewhere. I tried playing with the model only tool some but just couldn't figure it out. Help please, Thank you very much.

Eddie
0 Kudos
2 Replies
denisedavis
Occasional Contributor III
You could add the "Select" tool at the start of your model. Then something from that shapefile/feature class would have to be selected before your model would run.
0 Kudos
SarawutTangadunrat
New Contributor
Thank you for your comment Denise,

I found the select tool under Data Management Tool --> General would select the whole featureclass out of feature dataset. What need to be done for my model is to verify whether or not at least one record (out of 130000) in the parcels featureclass is selected.

if true then run the model
else stop the model

Any ideas?
Eddie
0 Kudos