Raster Calculator not funktion

05-05-2011 01:10 AM
deleted-user-l43rQJ_jqXja
New Contributor
Hi,

if I use the Raster Calculator from Spatial Analyst I get ERROR 000539: (null).

I want to do a simple calculation ("raster" <=164).
In one PC it works, but in an other PC it don't work. Why is that?
I have tested many other calculation and i get the same error. ;-(

I work with ArcInfo 10 and i have the extension Spatial Analyst.

Can anyone help me?
It is urgent.

Many regards.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
I am assuming the name of the raster is correct...is there also a space after the = sign?
0 Kudos
New Contributor
I am assuming the name of the raster is correct...is there also a space after the = sign?

Yes the name is correct and a space is after the = sign.
I have set the space after and before the = sign, and I have set not one, too. But it doesn't work.
0 Kudos
New Contributor
Hi,

I have add the error message as attechment.

It has nothing to do with the licence, because all other funktion of Spatial Analyst did work.
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
There could be a few reasons why that error is occurring.  Since that error is related to python coding not working, there could be a lot of reasons.  Due to the complexity of some of the fixes, I would recommend logging a support call.  Sometimes there can be other third party software that is interfering and sometimes there are files that need to be deleted.

Create a support incident and the Analyst will be able to walk you through the troubleshooting steps.
0 Kudos
New Contributor
Ok, i have fixed it.

I didn't install python and so the raster calculator don't work.

The ArcGIS Desktop installation CD includes a file named python-2.6.5.msi in the folder ...\Desktop\Python. All you need to do is install this file and then it finally works.

Many thanks for the replies.
0 Kudos