Calculating Watersheds from multiple Pour Points

05-03-2011 06:13 AM
SimonDIxon
New Contributor
Hi there

I am doing an analysis on a small river, using reaches for which I need to calculate various parameters for each reach, one of which is watershed/catchment area the reach is draining.

I'm familiar with the general principles of generating a watershed, but I have 116 reaches and therefore 116 watersheds, which could take a while!

I've got my flow accumulation and flow direction rasters for the whole catchment area and I've built a simple model to take a point layer (a pour point) and just generate the output watershed raster, which seems to work OK.

What I would like to do is generate a point feature which has all 116 points in (rather than 116 separate point feature layers!) If I do this can I either:
a) run my model where the input for snap pour points has 116 inputs? Will this just generate an output raster with 116 rows? Will this mess with the output?
b) specify in my model somehow to take only ID# from the input feature class (with 116 row) as the input and run it 116 times? Generating 116 separate output rasters?

Any other more simple ideas would be welcome!

Thanks.
1 Reply
JAMIESOMMA
New Contributor III

I've got the same question.  I'm looking to run it both ways, but when I'm running Snap Pour Points tool for a set of 15 points on a flow accumulation raster, it's hanging.  I'm needing to do this because though 13 points which were generated from places along the stream line feature still coincide with the stream line raster cells in the flow accumulation raster, 2 of the points are just off of the stream raster cells and need to be snapped over just a little bit.  I'm using ArcMap 10.6 and the Snap Pour Point tool repeated hangs, even when just running it against a single point.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos