Issue using "Generate From/To Node for Lines" with ArcGIS 10 desktop

05-02-2011 09:42 AM
Labels (1)
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
Cross-posting this from here = http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/29159-Issue-using-quot-Generate-From-To-Node-for-Lines-quot-with-Ar...

I'm trying to run the Generate From/To Node for Lines against a water network. I've been able to run other ArcHydro tools against this data without issue (e.g., Set Flow Direction, Store Flow Direction, Assign Hydro ID). However, every time I try to run Generate tool, I receive the error shown at the end of this post. Not sure if the path to the C drive is a clue? It doesn't exist on my PC.

After the tool throws the error, I can see that the FROM_NODE and TO_NODES fields have only been updated for 5000 of the 50434 features. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using ArcGIS 10 desktop (Info license), SP1.

Thanks,
Susan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
Sorry, didn't include the error in the earlier post:

Executing: GenerateFNodeTNode WaterCourse
Start Time: Wed Apr 27 10:16:27 2011
Populating FROM_NODE and TO_NODE fields...
50434 features processed and 51945 nodes identified.
If your input table was already opened, you may need to close and reopen it to view the updated FromNode/ToNode values.
SetFromToNode,-289 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041055): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041055
at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geodatabase.IFeatureCursor.UpdateFeature(IFeature Object)
at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.GDBHelper.SetFromToNodeDict(IFeatureClass pFC, Int32 debug, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage, String FromNodeFld, String ToNodeFld, String& sMsg, String sPrecisionFormat) in C:\Projects\10_Final\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\GDBHelper.vb:line 2258, 50434
Failed to execute (GenerateFNodeTNode).
Failed at Wed Apr 27 10:18:01 2011 (Elapsed Time: 1 minutes 34 seconds)
0 Kudos