markparr

Point Coordinates -- Expecting Decimal Degress But Getting Something Else

Discussion created by markparr on Apr 27, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 by markparr
I'm working on a C# ArcEngine application in which I load a .MXD file that within ArcMap has the Map and Display Units set to DECIMAL DEGREES on the General Tab of the Layer's Data Frame Properties and has a Coordinate System set to GCS_North_American_1983. Within my application the Status Bar display shows the cursor location when panning over the map in Decimal Degrees using the autogenerated code for the OnMouseMove event:

private void axMapControl1_OnMouseMove(object sender, IMapControlEvents2_OnMouseMoveEvent e)
{
[INDENT]statusBarXY.Text = string.Format("{0}, {1} {2}", e.mapX.ToString("#######.#####"),
e.mapY.ToString("#######.#####"), axMapControl1.MapUnits.ToString().Substring(4));[/INDENT]}

In the application, I am spinning thru some line features and looking at the coordinates of their FromPoint and ToPoint end points. Instead of seeing values that look like the decimal degree values on the status bar (e.g. (-87.12345, 34.54321)) I am seeing values that look like (2172114.16409593, 1816724.75028113).

What do I need to do to have the FromPoint/ToPoint value represented in the decimal degree format?

Thanks

Outcomes