Requirements for ArcServer 10

04-25-2011 07:41 AM
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor
If we already have our schematics generated using Arc10 desktop, can we publish them through ArcServer 10 Standard edition and allow the users to view them through a web map?  The user does not have to generate the schematic, just be able to display it.  Do I have to upgrade to Server Advanced Edition and get the schematic extension?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor
No bites on this?  If I'm running ArcServer 10.0, do I need to be running Advanced edition & the Schematics extension so the web user can display schematics that have already been generated?
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Jayson,

Yes, you need to be running ArcGIS Server 10 Advanced edition to use the Schematics extension. No ArcGIS Server Schematics  license is required on the server to display diagrams. Please review the ArcGIS Server 10 Resource Center for additional information on displaying schematic diagrams.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Displaying_sc...

Please note that an ArcGIS Server Schematics  license is required on the server for generating and updating  diagrams.

For more information, please review the ArcGIS Server Functionality Matrix document.

http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis-server-functionality-matrix.pdf

Thank you,
Denise
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
If this is for viewing only, you have one free option available for server.  You can run the schematics gp tool to convert diagrams to features and just convert all your diagrams into features.  This results in a feature dataset for the diagram template and then a feature class for each schematic feature class.  Then all the diagrams are just individual records in the dataset/feature classes.  You can then just put those into a map and publish with nothing more to do with Schematics.  The trick is that on the web client side, you will need to provide a way for the user to pick which diagram they want to view and then you just dynamically apply a definition query to the layers DiagramObjectID=?.  At 10.1, the diagram layer itself is recognized by the server publishing mechanism, so you don't have to convert to features first.
0 Kudos