What defines a UserSubID for a ISimpleEdgeFeature?

04-13-2011 06:26 AM
LarsNoresten
New Contributor
Hi,

I am confused. We have a geometric network consisting of only simple edges and simple junctions. Alot of tracing is made in the network using traceflowsolvers and netflags. When placing start flags (netflags) on features the UserClassID and the UserID is set correctly but UserSubID is set to '-1'. This works most of the time, but sometimes it don't. When running 'QueryIds' for UserClassID, UserID and UserSubID I receive UserSubID = 2 for my ISimpleEdgeFeature! When using the queried usersubid for the trace all works fine. So my questions are:

What defines a usersubid (aka Feature Sub ID) for a ISimpleEdge? I would understand if we had complex edges but we don't!

Cheers,
Lars
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LarsNoresten
New Contributor
I was wrong when I said UserSubID was set to '-1'. It was never set at all, and therefore defaulted to '0'. Setting the value to '-1' the trace worked.

One question remains! What is the UserSubID for a SimpleEdge? When fetching the UserSubID I receive different positive values for different edges (for example 1,2 and 5). Is is a random number?

The trace works if I use the fetched number as well as '-1'.

Cheers,
Lars
0 Kudos