How can I remove the spacing/padding around a layout text element?

10-25-2020 08:58 PM
acarmody
New Contributor III

I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2.

The text elements in lesson 4, exercise 1 of the Cartography. MOOC are formatted without this space/padding and is what I am trying to achieve.

I have copied and pasted this into my new working layout to determine how it has been configured, however, there appears to be no setting for this. 

When I create a new text element in my new working layout, matching all of the text settings between it and the copy from the Cartography MOOC, the space still appears.

Following the methodology in this video, which uses a rectangle text element, did not work either. The text elements still have space.

Screenshot of layout text element with unwanted space/padding

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

Did anyone figure out a solution for this? Struggling with it now. Need to remove padding from graphic text. 

0 Kudos
acarmody
New Contributor III

Nope, I still have this issue and have to manually align everything. It's so frustrating.

0 Kudos
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

I requested a case with ESRI technical support about this issue. ESRI looked into it and were unable to provide a solution to remove the padding around graphic text. They responded "unfortunately there isn't a setting that will let you alter the padding." They have requested that I submit a response for their enhancement log.  I will be including this issue along with several other layout issues in my response. 

acarmody
New Contributor III

Thank you, that is so disappointing. Have you had a response from Esri since submitting a response to them?

0 Kudos
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

Its still in review

0 Kudos