Editing not enabled

Jump to solution
10-23-2020 04:41 AM
OscarDiago_Alonso
New Contributor III

Good morning!

I'm building a plugin for ArcGis Pro that performs several editions over a File GeoDatabase.The first step are populate several of the feature classes and tables inside that File GeoDatabase. I have zero issues with it, but the person who will use it keeps getting this error:

I have no idea why the "Editing in the application is not enabled" is happening. That error message appears when a non-geometric table is written (the last step). Before that, several features classes are updated the same way without any problem.

I use the same code for every insert method, so I don't understand why the last method is giving that error to that person and it is working fine on my side.

Public Async Function storeMetadata(metadatos As METADATOS, gdbPath As String) As Task(Of Boolean)
        Dim message As String = String.Empty
        Dim creationResult As Boolean = False
        Await QueuedTask.Run(Function()

Using geodatabase As Geodatabase = New Geodatabase(New FileGeodatabaseConnectionPath(New Uri(gdbPath)))

Using gca_metadatos As Table = geodatabase.OpenDataset(Of Table)("GCA_Metadatos")
                                         Dim editOperation As EditOperation = New EditOperation()

Try

editOperation.Callback(Function(context)
                                                                        Using rowBuffer As RowBuffer = gca_metadatos.CreateRowBuffer()
                                                                            rowBuffer("IDTRANSACCION") = metadatos.IDTRANSACCION

'More fields here
                                                                            Using row As Row = gca_metadatos.CreateRow(rowBuffer)

context.Invalidate(row)

End Using
                                                                        End Using
                                                                    End Function, gca_metadatos)
                                         Catch ex As Exception
                                             MessageBox.Show("Error guardar metadatos (I): " & ex.Message)
                                         End Try

Try
                                             creationResult = editOperation.Execute()
                                             If Not creationResult Then message = editOperation.ErrorMessage
                                         Catch exObj As GeodatabaseException
                                             message = exObj.Message

GCA_Common.Application.EscribirError(GCA_Common.Application.AlmacenarError(exObj))

End Try
                                     End Using
                                 End Using
                                 Return True
                             End Function)

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(message) Then

Return False
        Else
            Return True
        End If
    End Function‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Thanks for any help provided!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oscar,

That editoperation error message usually indicates editing has been disabled in the UI, either by the user or via the SDK. Can you check if this is the case, if not we'll have to look into it further. Is the user allowed to interact with the UI before the last table is updated in your app?

The following links describe how editing can be disabled in the UI:

Enable and disable editing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

ProConcepts Editing · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oscar,

That editoperation error message usually indicates editing has been disabled in the UI, either by the user or via the SDK. Can you check if this is the case, if not we'll have to look into it further. Is the user allowed to interact with the UI before the last table is updated in your app?

The following links describe how editing can be disabled in the UI:

Enable and disable editing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

ProConcepts Editing · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

OscarDiago_Alonso
New Contributor III

I will check this. But it would be strange if it is activated for the Feature Classes and not for the Table. The user doesn't interact with th UI during those editions.

Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos
OscarDiago_Alonso
New Contributor III

Thanks! That solved the problemn. The customer had different Editing options enabled in ArcGIS Pro Settings.

0 Kudos