Is there a way to add dynamic text into sidecars in the new StoryMap builder?

10-15-2020 10:12 AM
AspenN
by
Occasional Contributor

I am currently building a story map that has sidecars with slides based on various facilities. These facilities have various attributes that I add in as text into the sidecar. However, these attributes have updates. Rather than having to update all of these attributes manually, is there a way to make these attributes dynamic text referencing another HTML document/website that will update the attribute information automatically as it updates on the other document/website?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

There's no way to do this in the sidecar narrative panel the moment, but we have discussed that capability. The data source would need to be some sort of data service rather than an HTML document. Is your data served out as an ArcGIS feature service or other data service?

Since the attributes are associated with specific sites, what about publishing the data as a feature service and having pop-ups on the map that contain the attributes you need?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
mfox321
New Contributor

Mr. Evans,

I am also interesting in using attributes from feature classes to populate as plain text in the side bar e.g. if i have a feature class with a field named "Country", i would like to exact "United States" value and place in the side bar. So it would appear in the side bar as shown below.

This state is located in the United States.

Thank you,

Michael Fox

0 Kudos