AnsweredAssumed Answered

Joining geodetically correct polyline segments in VB.NET

Question asked by stanles on Oct 15, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2020 by stanles

hello,

I have some VB.NET code which is constructing a line piece by piece from a set of coordinates in a table.  I was creating the separate iLine and then adding those to a Path object.  Once the series of point composing the line is finished then I add that Geometry into a Polyline.  And that works.  It has recently transpired that creating that I want to create the line as geodesics or loxodromes, depending upon the line.  I found the ConstructGeodeticLineFromPoints member of the IConstructGeodetic interface.  But this creates Polylines so the previous code I had with Paths is no longer working.  I am trying to Union my spearate geodetically accurate polyline segments with a TopologicalOperator but that is taking a whole lot longer and runs into problems after a while.  I was trying to look into SegmentCollections and GeometryCollections to mimic what I had been doing previously with iLines and Paths, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Does anybody have any experience with easily joining together polyline elements programatically together?

cheers

shawn

Outcomes