Chart Properties in ArcPro Intelligence

10-14-2020 09:34 AM
KentChristen
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using ArcGIS Pro Intelligence to do crime analysis.  The heat calendar and data clock charts are really useful, but I find they need a few tweaks.

Three right off the bat:

1) Is there a way to configure the data clock manually, so that I can order things like days of the week or months of the year by their actual order, rather than by the largest count?  It's patently UNintuitive to see them out of order.

2) Is there a way to have the data clock bin events by an hour of the day, rather than using the literal timestamp in the data?  Or do I have to generate some sort of calculated column to do that?

3) Is there a way to manually configure the breaks in the numbers?  In ArcMap, I've been able to structure manual breaks by starting with jenks, then adding a class, then changing it to manual and reconfiguring the upper values (I need to be able to show zero blocks of time, rather than less than or equal to 1).  In ArcGIS Pro, I can't figure out a way to do that, especially when I'm dealing with low numbers (like 3 or less, which defaults to 3 classes).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@KentChristen apologies for the delay in answering your questions. I moved your question to this new GeoNet community for ArcGIS Pro Intelligence. To answer your questions:

I'll caveat all these by saying that I'm currently using a daily build, so it's possible my results are different than yours. What version are you on?

1. I'm not able to replicate what you're seeing. By default, the data clock shows the rings and wedges in chronological order. Do you have repeatable steps you can share? 

NatalieFeuerstein_0-1609960279946.png

2. I was able to display the data by hours of day by setting the rings to 'days' and the wedges to 'hours'. When you do this, what are you seeing?

NatalieFeuerstein_1-1609962229069.png

3. Do you have an example you can share? I'm able to add classes by using the class drop-down in the chart properties. But I'm thinking that's not what you're ultimately asking. 

NatalieFeuerstein_2-1609962798338.png

0 Kudos