I am having an odd issue here that I hope is due to user error and not a bug. I am trying to add rasters to a source mosaic, calculate statistics and then visualise that mosaic correctly in Pro / image service.
- Add rasters to mosaic
- Mosaic is in an SDE
- Source rasters are Maxar satellite products - e.g. worldview 2
- Processing template or raster type is multispectral
- Source data is located on a fileshare NAS \\mydata
- Build pyramids and statistics
- build pyramids = False
- Calculate statistics = True
- Skip existing = True
- Include source datasets = True
- Estimate mosaic dataset statistics = False. As this is a live mosaic with regular data updates, it is my understanding that this should not be set to true.
If I visualise the source mosaic at this point the imagery is stretched poorly, typically looks like there is a green filter on the image.
Resolution to the above?
Remove all rasters from the source mosaic and re-add them using the same parameters from step 1. The imagery now stretches correctly and displays perfectly in the image service & Pro. It almost seems like there hasn't been a refresh/config change in the mosaic after the statistics are calculated for the source dataset and re-adding them resolves this.