After reinstalling ArcGIS Pro v2.6 on my Windows 10 64-bit machine, I get the error below when I import arcpy. As a result I can't run any Python scripts in ArcGIS Pro - if I tried to use the Python Window in ArcGIS Pro, the application gets stuck and I had to use Task Manager to close it.
I can get the Python environment working by editing C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\toolbox.py to remove all import statements from .ga. As I don't have a GA license, I don't have any issues with this GA classes not being imported, but the situation still doesn't seem ideal and I imagine future Pro updates may overwrite my modifications which I would then have to reapply.
While I'm up and running now, I would appreciate any insight anyone could offer as to why this is happening.
>>> import arcpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\__init__.py", line 79, in <module>
from arcpy.toolbox import *
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\toolbox.py", line 403, in <module>
from .ga import SearchNeighborhoodStandard, SearchNeighborhoodSmooth,
SearchNeighborhoodStandard3D, CrossValidationResult, GeostatisticalDatasets
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\ga.py", line 33, in <module>
from arcpy import _ga
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\_ga.py", line 30, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\gapy\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from ._gapy import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
This is my paths output
Additional details in case it helps:
- Have a standard ArcPro license, but other colleagues with the same license aren't having the same problem as me.
- Previously had ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1 installed and successfully running Python scripts as normal
- Had an issue where I couldn't publish and Web Tools to our Portal - part of the process of resolving this I decided to reinstall ArcGIS Pro
- After that reinstall is when I started encountering this error
- Did an uninstall and removed all folders / registry keys that were left over
- still no luck after reinstalling
- Repeated 5, but this time removed every trace of Python on my system
- still no luck
- Updating to 2.6.1 then 2.6.2 made no difference
- Reinstalled Pro but edited the toolbox.py file as mentioned above - now working (as far as I can tell).