AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I use hyperlinks to add raster images to the map in ArcGIS Pro?

Question asked by gallspaw on Sep 29, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2020 by rleclair-esristaff

This used to be extremely easy to set up in ArcMap.  Then they made it more complicated to set up, but you could still do it.  Now I'm trying to get up to speed on ArcGIS Pro, and I'm hitting a wall.

I have a polygon feature class, with a field containing a URL for each feature.  Each URL is a path to a georeferenced image file, stored on our in-house network. (most are .png, some are .tif or .jpg)

Hyperlinks are no longer part of layer Display properties.

I followed the procedure described here: ( FAQ: Is it possible to add a hyperlink path to a field in ArcGIS Pro? ) and I successfully added a hyperlink field that works from the pop up .... but it doesn't do what I need it to do.  This only opens the image in a photo viewer, but I need it to add the image to the map as a layer....preferably insert it into a specific group layer.

I have python code that I had entered into the hyperlink section of the layer display properties in my old ArcMap project that did exactly what I needed (and still need).....but I'm not sure how to implement this in Pro.

This should be extremely easy, but it's not.  Unless I'm missing something....someone please tell me I'm missing something simple! 

Outcomes