Everything Is Incredibly Slow in 2.6.1

Jump to solution
09-24-2020 11:20 AM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

Is anyone else noticing that everything is moving incredibly slowly in 2.6.1? Especially opening or saving projects. I'll see the spinning blue disc for ten minutes at a time after trying to do the most basic task like copying and pasting a layer, or right clicking on a database in the catalog. This is really frustrating. 

I have 32GB of RAM in my machine, and I didn't notice these performance issues in 2.5. Restarting my machine doesn't help. I have no other processes running when I encounter these issues. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeviCecil

I deleted the contents of my C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ESRI\Local Caches folder and that seemed to have helped a lot. I periodically delete my display cache in Pro, but that didn't have any effect on performance. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't. so you will have to describe the data you are using.

Any basemaps or layers from the web?

lots of graphics, labels

SDE

All projects?

Even a new project?

etcetera

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LeviCecil

It's happening regardless of the size or complexity of the project. I opened a new project without a template and it took like three minutes to add a new map. No data at all. It just took over six minutes to save a project. Nothing has changed on my end except for the software version.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not normal. 

Did you do a complete purge or anything related to Esri (ie rename registry, your c:\User... profile, image caches, uninstall anything you installed to support Pro)?

And follow it up with a complete fresh install of 2.6.  I would check things then with a new project as you have done, before you update to 2.6.1

Barring that, Tech Support may have other suggestions related to your computer and setup that may have nothing to do with Pro at all.

Good luck

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I haven't tried that. I might have to. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I deleted the contents of my C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ESRI\Local Caches folder and that seemed to have helped a lot. I periodically delete my display cache in Pro, but that didn't have any effect on performance. 

0 Kudos