I'm trying to figure out how to "publish" elevation layer by doing all the tile generation locally before uploading it to ArcGIS Online. I'm doing this because it becomes quite large when cached, and I have little experience so I'd rather not waste credits on trial and error.
- Is the Manage Tile Cache the right tool?
- Does the number of .bundle files correspond to numbers of tiles generated (good to know beforehand how many tiles they are if I have to go the direct right-click route)?
- In Manage Tile Cache I can't specify LERC compression, maybe I should use another tool?
- Once I generate tiles, I would like to use it as my elevation layer in ArcGIS Pro as well, and I can't seem to find the "layer" after tile generation.
- I assume this will run smoother than having all the underlying dataset loading when I pan around?
- How would I upload this once created locally?
Looking for the tool that shares elevation as web layer, but with the option to do it locally.
Any pointers would be appreciated.