AnsweredAssumed Answered

GenerateOfflineMapJob GetResultAsync not giving appropriate response

Question asked by K810pandey on Sep 22, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2020 by MBranscomb-esristaff

Hello,

I am trying to download an offline map from my Web Map using the GenerateOfflineMapJob task in my Xamarin Forms project. However, I am facing below two issues, please help me with these :

Code Syn

1. Once the download starts, and if the application goes in background, then because of backgrounding the job download stops, progress changes from 40-50 to direct  100%, but GetResultAsync() status is coming "Succeeded" and it is not returning any error, so how can I identify an error in such scenarios.

2. On my map, I have a few shapefile layers overlayed, and below are two scenarios related to it :

a) If I select features, combine extents of these features using GeometryEngine.CombineExtents  to calculate offline download extent, download  result gives an error related to Vector Tile(my base map in web map) ( error message e.g. VectorTile_118: For input string: "{"xmin":-12696158.575750671”)

b) If I select all feature layers full extent  as offline download extent   GeometryEngine.CombineExtents(SBUMapView.Map.OperationalLayers.Select(x => x.FullExtent)), it gets downloaded successfully.

What is the cause of error in the first case?

package version in use - Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.Forms (100.7.0 ) 

Please help me with these issues.

Thanks in Advance.

Outcomes