3D shows holes

Jump to solution
09-22-2020 01:03 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I've loaded two ahn2 dem's and although I can see the basemap in 3D many white spots appear, also there is a gap between them. What am I doing wrong? Same issue on two different computers/different hardware, so is this a driver thing?

two ahn2

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictoriaAnderson
Esri Contributor

Hi,

It's hard to tell from the screen shot, but these layers could be intersecting with the ground surface. If 3D layers intersect with the ground surface, it can display as though there are holes. By default, the ground surface's color is set to white. Can you try changing this to transparent and see if this resolves the issue? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VictoriaAnderson
Esri Contributor

Hi,

It's hard to tell from the screen shot, but these layers could be intersecting with the ground surface. If 3D layers intersect with the ground surface, it can display as though there are holes. By default, the ground surface's color is set to white. Can you try changing this to transparent and see if this resolves the issue? 

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Victoria,

Thanks for your reaction. The ground surface color is set to transparent. I have the dem's in my ground surface unlike your screenshot, I try to use them as better (more detailed) surface data than the world elevation3d surface

And the Solution: I had switched off WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D which is necessary...

Formulating this answer got me to find this, thanks for your time!

Regards,  Bert