Many of my students are experiencing the General Function Failure during the share package in Pro. Does anyone know how to solve this error?

09-22-2020 09:49 AM
ArthurGuerrero
New Contributor

Many of my students are experiencing the General Function Failure during the share package in Pro. Does anyone know how to solve this error?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Arthur,

Are you able to try and see if packaging the project with the Package Project tool works? If so, does using the Share Package tool to share the .ppkx work as well? This will help narrow down the possible problem.

Thanks,

Jonah

ArthurGuerrero
New Contributor

Hi Jonah,

Yes, the tool works. I was able to use it successfully and other students as well, but for some reason they succeed one second and it fails the next.

Arthur

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Just to clarify, there are two ways to create and share a project package:

1. Share a project package via the Share ribbon as outlined here: Share a project package
  2. Create, then share the project package using the two geoprocessing tools I mentioned in my first post. 

I assumed that you are following the first workflow. The second workflow is a two step process, but helpful in determining the problem.

Since it sounds like the issue is not reproducable and your students likely have different projects, you might want to consider reaching out to technical support for help. 

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
ArthurGuerrero
New Contributor

The irony is that my students are doing the very same exercises and I am having them do the Share a project package as a means of experience and familiarization. I will reach out to technical support and I appreciate your insights Jonah.

Respectfully,

Arthur

0 Kudos